Kirkland signature green tea brand has created some sensations over the previous months and still it is going on. We, off course, know many green tea brands from around the world, but what about Kirkland tea?
I have surprised to see the sensation of Kirkland green tea. The Google Trend data shows me an increase of 40% monthly search in the USA alone.
So, what’s the hype about Kirkland signature green tea brand?
Before going to discuss the details, let me tell you the story behind Kirkland signature brands.
Know the Kirkland and Kirkland signature green tea
‘Kirkland Signature’ store brand
Costco, the world’s second largest retailer, had its headquarter at Kirkland and they have started ‘Kirkland signature’ store brand as a namesake of the City after relocating its headquarter in Issaquah.
In 1992, Costco started Kirkland signature as its private level which is sold at their warehouses, website and Amazon.
As per 2016 survey, Costco was the world’s largest retailer of organic foods, rotisserie chicken, and wine.
Kirkland Signature Brand owns every commodity that one household needs for their day to day living.
Kirkland Signature Green Tea
Kirkland Signature Green tea is a matcha blend Japanese green tea specially made for ‘Kirkland signature’ store brand and Costco has created this wonderful green tea brand in collaboration with North American Tea Major ‘Ito En Ltd’ keeping its health benefits in mind.
Ingredients of Kirkland signature green tea
Kirkland signature green tea contains sencha green tea which is blended with famous Japanese powdered green tea- matcha.
Sencha is a top quality green tea variety of Japan. It is made from the finest quality tea leaves picked during the first round of harvest from April to May.
The luxurious sweetness and flowery fragrance are the main aspects of Sencha tea that attract thousands of tea lovers of the world.
The tea leaves for making sencha tea are grown under direct sunlight. The plucked leaves are steamed to stop further oxidation and the color of the leaves doesn’t get changed. After steaming, the leaves are dried and crushed to give it final touch.
Benefits of sencha
- Sencha contains a very important antioxidant called catechin which helps fight high blood pressure and effective at reducing cholesterol level in blood.
- Sencha is anti-cancerous as antioxidants like catechin fight free radicals in the body which damage cells.
- The fluoride and mineral contents of sencha strengthen dental. Sencha also fights bad breath and improves oral health.
- The Caffeine and Theanine in Sencha improve concentration and mental alertness.
After all, regular intake of Sencha tea boosts immune system of the human body.
Matcha is the most famous green tea produced in Japan. Finest quality matcha is produced in the Uji region of Kyoto Prefecture. Matcha comes in the form of the nicely ground powder obtained from best quality leaves from shaded plants.
The young spring tea leaves are shaded for more than 3 weeks prior to harvest as shading method protects the young buds and leaves from the direct sunlight.
Shading helps the tea leaves to accumulate more chlorophyll, giving Matcha its bright green color. It also changes the taste, flavor and aroma profile of Matcha tea.
It increases the production of L-Theanine and other amino acids which results in umami sweetness that matcha tea provides with high invigorating energy.
Benefits of matcha
- Matcha contains high level of antioxidants; it has the ability to fight free radicals in the body to improve the resistance against diseases.
- It helps to burn extra calories and keeps you fit and healthy.
- It keeps the body and mind stress free
- Controls blood sugar, cholesterol level and boosts the immune system.
- Matcha powdered green tea has a great nutritional value as it is rich in vitamins, minerals, calcium, fiber, chlorophyll, zinc and magnesium.
- It detoxifies body effectively and naturally to boost the metabolism.
Kirkland signature green tea is the talk of the town because of these two great Japanese tea varieties.
Really, it’s a wonderful tea brand which offers many benefits along with wonderful taste and aroma.
What do tea critics say about Kirkland signature green tea?
Many tea critics have revealed their opinions regarding Kirkland tea. As per them, Kirkland signature green tea is a mass product so it doesn’t contain quality ingredients. Cheap quality sencha and matcha tea are blended to make this brand which doesn’t offer the real value of Japanese green tea.
But, as per my tasting note, I must say they are wrong as liking of tea depends upon individual perception, taste and flavor preferences. You may not like the tea which I like most.
As per the quality is concerned, this tea is really good. ‘Ito En Ltd’ is one of the most reputed North American tea companies which follow best practices of tea sourcing, blending and retailing.
Here’s what Kirkland signature brand says about this product-
Kirkland signature green tea bags by ito en are made with Sencha green tea from Japan’s lush tea plantations, known for producing some of the best teas in the world. In keeping with Japanese tradition, Kirkland signature green tea is gently steamed, rolled and then dried. This minimal processing stops the oxidation and preserves the freshness, aroma and color of the tea leaf.
Brewing Kirkland Signature green tea in easy way
- First boil fresh water at 176ºF or 80ºC
- Open the individually wrapped tea bag packet and place the tea bag in a 6 ounce cup
- Pour in hot water and shake the tea bag after 20-30 seconds in the hot water for 3-4 times
- Remove the tea bag from the cup; drop the remaining matcha powder on the surface of tea from the outer envelope of the tea packet
- Enjoy your luxurious, flavorful and healthy Kirkland Signature Green tea and make yourself refreshed.
You can have it two ways – hot and cold brewing.
Get your Kirkland signature green tea on Amazon ⇒
As per quantity and packaging size, the Kirkland signature green tea brand has three main product varieties
- Kirkland Signature Ito En Matcha Blend Japanese Green Tea-100 ct 1.5g tea bags
- Kirkland Signature Ito En Matcha Blend Japanese Green Tea 100 count (Pack of 2)
- Kirkland Signature Ito En Matcha Blend Japanese Green Tea-100 ct, Pack of 3
You may also love to see and drink –
RELATED TEA REVIEWS