Dan Cong Oolong tea is known as the champagne of Oolongs and one of the most expensive tea brands of the world. Origin of this tea is Phoenix Mountains, Guandong province, China.
‘Dancong’ is frequently translated to ‘single bush’ as this tea is harvested from the stems of one mother cultivar plant.
The unique aroma of the tea makes Dan Cong tea one of the special tea brands and it has many sub-types as per aroma profile.
Some important sub-types of Dan Cong oolong tea are-
- Mi Lan Xiang [Honey-Orchid fragrance]
- Huang Zhi Xiang [Germanium fragrance]
- Yu Lan Xiang [Magnolia fragrance]
- You Hua Xian [Pomelo blossom fragrance]
Taste, flavor and aroma profile of Dan Cong Oolong Tea
The brewed cup of Dan Cong tea provides Orange-brown liquor.
The taste is great with intense fruity, floral and herbal aroma and one lingering aftertaste. Flavor and aroma of all sub-type Dan Cong Teas are somewhat different from each other.
How to Brew Dang Cong Oolong Tea?
Water Temperature – 85°C – 95°C
Quanitity of water – 200 ml
Quantity of tea leaf – 5 grams
Steeping time – 1 – 2 minutes
The same tea can be brewed for 10 subsequent infusions.
Best Dan Cong oolong Tea Brands of the world
List of best Dang Cong Oolong brands
- Honey Orchid Mi Lan Xiang Dan Cong Tea by Valley of Tea
- Flavor Origin Fenghuang Dan Cong Tea by Wisdom China DS Tea
- Chinese Phoenix Dan Cong Organic Oolong Tea by Mozentea
- Premium Organic Phoenix Dan Cong Yu Lan Xiang Oolong by Goartea
- Honey Orchid Premium Dan Cong Tea by the Cultured Cup
- Feng Huang Dan Cong Mongolia Yu Lan Xiang Oolong by Lida
- Huang Zhi Xiang Chaozhou Dan Cong Tea by CHIY-GBC ltd
- Premium Organic phoenix Huang Zhi Xiang Flavour Dan Cong by Goartea