Search the term ‘detox tea’ on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and you’ll find tons of people showing off their fat loss body and narrate you their testimonies about how a certain detox tea has emerged as a boon for them. You’ll find lots of impressing headlines like best detox teas for weight loss and body cleansing everywhere in the online world.
Are you among those impressed by the blessings of detox tea and have brought a pack of detox tea or contemplating to get one?
Before going to discuss best detox teas for weight loss and body cleansing, I’m going to tell you some important things related to detox tea.
What is detox tea?
Usually, we think detox tea is for weight loss purpose only and have some chemical components which may create side effects if we consume it regularly. Yes, it’s true. But we should know the actual composition and the meaning of detox tea.
Detox tea is a blended tea which contains tea leafs along with herbs or herbal tea leafs with other herbs. The composition of a detox tea varies with brands and other specifications. Detox tea can be consumed hot or cold iced by following the brewing instructions. Sweeteners can be added after the tea is brewed.
Consuming detox tea in between meals is helpful. If you are a coffee lover and also wants to try the detox tea it is better to have it at least one hour before a meal. If you wish to have it after meals then keeping a gap of one or two hours delivers better results.
What are the ingredients of detox tea for weight loss?
There is a variety of herbs and botanicals in detox teas. It only depends on the company what formulation they offer and what benefits result from them. The best detox teas for weight loss brands contains many natural herbs. Just have a look –
- Dandelion root: An effective liver cleanser dandelion root causes a diuretic effect which smoothly eliminates toxins from the liver. It strengthens the immune system and also maintains blood sugar level.
- Licorice root: This herb is used for centuries in liver detoxification. Licorice root is used to treat digestive disorders, dry cough, acid reflux. Studies have found that licorice root even has anti-cancer properties which makes it a beneficial ingredient in detox tea composition.
- Burdock root: Burdock root is particularly used in Chinese and Indian medicines for centuries, which purifies the blood from toxins and heavy metals improving the overall functioning of the body. This herb strengthens the lymphatic system which carries the blood and necessary fluid throughout the body.
Burdock root nourishes your skin, clears acne and eczema and is used in many beauty products for its anti-aging effects.
- Lemongrass: A perennial herb lemongrass has its origin in the Southeast Asia and is used in many of the traditional medicines. Lemongrass is antimicrobial, antifungal and is propitious in detoxifying kidney, bladder and the digestive system. Detox teas containing lemongrass are used to improve liver function and balances the uric acid in the body.
- Ginger: It is an anti-inflammatory and digestive system stimulant herb. Ginger has the ability to detoxify the body from harmful toxins. It is a rich source of vitamin-C and helps to fight skin problems and reduces wrinkles.
- Holy Basil/Tulsi: Holy Basil is a herb loaded with phytonutrients, essential oils, vitamin A and C. It has many medicinal properties. It has the power to prevent kidney stones, promotes skin health as well as it’s an antibiotic, antiviral, antibacterial and anti-carcinogenic herb.
- Rose Hips: The “Pectin” in Rose Hips has the ability to promote fullness in the body, reduce cravings, and promotes weight loss.
- Spearmint: It is a medicinal herb that has the ability to relax stomach muscles while targeting bloating, cramping, and nausea.
- Lemon Myrtle: Is an antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-infection, antiseptic, antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial herb with lots of medicinal properties. Lemon myrtle is very useful for the mind and improves concentration and boosts body energy.
- Linden Blossom: It is an anti-inflammatory herb and is full of phytonutrients and flavonoids. Its medicinal properties help reduce mental stress and anxiety. Also, it is useful for prevention of congestion, irritation, coughing and lung problems.
What are the health benefits of detox teas?
Apart from the main benefit that is weight loss and body cleansing, there are many other benefits of best detox teas for weight loss brands. As per various researches, detox tea has benefits on both the inward and outward parts of the body.
Ranging from improving the richness of skin to causing you to feel relaxed here are some benefits mentioned below.
- Improves metabolism
- Helps in burning fats
- Detoxify the digestive organs
- Lessens bloating
- Balances the heat in the body
- Nourishes skin
- Cleanses the liver
- Helps in keeping blood pressure under control
It should be noted that despite its health benefits the herbs and botanicals in detox tea tend to react differently on everyone.
It is better for pregnant and nursing mothers to take the opinion of their healthcare provider if they are planning to consume the detox tea regularly.
Is it a wise decision to choose detox tea over loose leaf tea?
- Detox tea (formulated blend of herbs)
- Loose leaf tea (Teas made from Camellia Sinensis leaves)
Detox tea and loose leaf tea has its own benefits that should be considered while choosing one of them. A detox tea is a formulated blend of tea and herbs that facilitate proper liver functions and also helps to lose weight to some extent.
It should be noted that loose leaf tea has a special aroma and freshness due to its loose leaf character. It all depends upon what specific purpose you have in mind. If you are a tea lover and would like to have just tea with no added herbs, then you would prefer loose leaf tea.
For those who consume tea not just for a pleasure, but especially to gain health benefits like improving digestive tract, fixing skin complexions and others then detox tea is a great choice for them.
Also, read –
Some detox teas contain Senna, a herb found in USA and India. Senna contains laxative properties and hence this herb is used in treating chronic constipation. Senna in detox teas cleans your intestines, but it may also cause dehydration. Detox teas containing Senna should not be consumed on a regular basis as it is like taking laxatives every day even in small quantity.
It is better for pregnant or nursing mothers to keep away from regularly consuming senna based detox teas. If your detox tea contains ingredient like Garcinia also called as appetite suppressor may cause side effects like nausea, discomfort in a long-term use.
A friendly suggestion for all those who would like to start detoxifying their body with detox tea is to turn over the packet of your detox tea and check what ingredients it has.
Even though Kendall Jenner starts her day with one cup of detox tea totaling 12 cups in a day, it is advisable to avoid excessive drink of detox tea to avoid adverse effects.
Rest, have a good detox tea for weight loss and wish you a good health.
Caution: This write-up is only for education and information purpose. It is not a medical advice to drink detox tea daily for weight loss and body cleansing. The writer is not responsible for any health complicity arising out of the excessive use of detox tea.